- Driver Distraction and Hands-Free Texting While Driving https://tirf.ca/TIRFCAD13F
- Understanding the Distracted Brain – National Safety Council, White Paper March 2010 / Transport Canada https://www.nsc.org/Portals/0/Documents/DistractedDrivingDocuments/Cognitive-Distraction-White-Paper.pdf
- Distracted Driving & Behaviour Change http://tirf.ca/TIRFCAD17Q
- Distracted Driving Facts http://tirf.ca/TIRFCAD17K
- Senior Drivers & Automated Vehicles: Knowledge, Attitudes & Practices https://tirf.ca/TIRFCAD18JJ
- Alcohol-impaired driving in the United States. Results from the 2016 TIRF USA Road Safety Monitor https://tirf.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/RSM-TIRF-USA-Alcohol-Impaired-Driving-in-the-United-States-10.pdf
- Female drunk drivers: A qualitative study. https://tirf.ca/TIRFCAD13I
- Drinking & driving among women in Ontario: A qualitative study. Traffic Injury Research Foundation https://tirf.ca/TIRFCAD17H
- Automated Vehicles: Driver Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices https://tirf.ca/TIRFCAD16J
- Young Vulnerable Road Users https://tirf.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/TIRF_2014_Young_Vulnerable_Road_Users.pdf
- Female drunk drivers: A qualitative study https://www.responsibility.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Female-Drunk-Drivers-Qualitative-Study-Executive-Summary.pdf
- Watson 2004
- The ABCs of BAC, NHTSA 2016.
- Senserrick and Williams (2013)
- IIHS http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/t/teenagers/fatalityfacts/teenagers
- Williams et al., 2011
- GHSA (2016) Mission Not Accomplished: Teen Safe Driving, the Next Chapter. Washington, DC: Governor’s Highway Safety Association.
- Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration, Rookie Driver: New Driver & Coach Practice Guide. http://www.mva.maryland.gov/_resources/docs/RD-006.pdf
- Williams et al., 2011
1 Goldenbeld, C., van Schagen, I. (2005). The effects of speed enforcement with mobile radar on speed and accidents: An evaluation study on rural roads in the Dutch province Friesland. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 37: 1135-1144.
2 Evans, L. (2006) Traffic safety (2nd ed.). Bloomfield Hills, MI: Science Serving Society.
(& 7.) 3, 7 Traffic Injury Research Foundation (2019). TIRF Road Safety Monitor.
4 Newhouse, E. (2018). Reducing Road Injuries through Speed Control. Presented at Canadian Association of Road Safety Professionals Annual Conference, Victoria, BC.
5 Kloeden, C.N., Ponte, G., McLean, A.J. (2001). Travelling speed and the rate of crash involvement on rural roads. Civic Square, ACT: Australian Transport Safety Bureau (CR 204).
6 Elvik, R. (2005). Speed and Road Safety: Synthesis Evidence from Evaluation Studies. Transportation Research Record, 1908. Pp. 59-69.
8 Alberta Motor Association (2020). Report on respondent attitudes towards speeding.
9 Government of Nova Scotia (2013). 2013 Nova Scotia Road Safety Survey: Technical Report. https://novascotia.ca/tran/publications/rss/NS_Road_Safety_Survey_2013.pdf
10 Ontario Ministry of Transportation (2019). Consultation: speed limits on Ontario highways. https://www.ontario.ca/page/consultation-speed-limits-ontario-highways (Accessed September 17, 2020).
11 Alberta Transportation (2020). Tables of Speeding Offences in Alberta 2014-2018.
12 Government of Nova Scotia RCMP (2020). Number of Charges-Select MVA Offences. https://data.novascotia.ca/Crime-and-Justice/Number-of-Charges-Select-MVA-Offences/neit-pbhj (Accessed September 10, 2020).
13 Traffic Injury Research Foundation (2020). National Fatality Database.