NEW! Vehicle Size Matters – Sharing the Road with Large Trucks Infographic
Safe Winter Driving Starts with Winter Tires – Infographic
- 1Woodrooffe, John (2016). Ten Surprising Findings About Winter Tires: It Is Not Just About Snow, University of Michigan
- Brown, S.W., Vanlaar, W.G.M., Robertson, R.D. (2012). Winter Tires: A Review of Research on Effectiveness and Use. Ottawa, Ontario: Traffic Injury Research Foundation. https://tirf.ca/TIRFCAD12G
Get There. Safely. Mirror Hanger about speeding and The Role of Speeding in Road Crashes fact sheet
- 1 Goldenbeld, C., van Schagen, I. (2005). The effects of speed enforcement with mobile radar on speed and accidents: An evaluation study on rural roads in the Dutch province Friesland. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 37: 1135-1144.
- 2 Evans, L. (2006) Traffic safety (2nd ed.). Bloomfield Hills, MI: Science Serving Society.
- 3, 7 Traffic Injury Research Foundation (2019). TIRF Road Safety Monitor.
- 4 Newhouse, E. (2018). Reducing Road Injuries through Speed Control. Presented at Canadian Association of Road Safety Professionals Annual Conference, Victoria, BC.
- 5 Kloeden, C.N., Ponte, G., McLean, A.J. (2001). Travelling speed and the rate of crash involvement on rural roads. Civic Square, ACT: Australian Transport Safety Bureau (CR 204).
- 6 Elvik, R. (2005). Speed and Road Safety: Synthesis Evidence from Evaluation Studies. Transportation Research Record, 1908. Pp. 59-69.
- 8 Alberta Motor Association (2020). Report on respondent attitudes towards speeding.
- 9 Government of Nova Scotia (2013). 2013 Nova Scotia Road Safety Survey: Technical Report. https://novascotia.ca/tran/publications/rss/NS_Road_Safety_Survey_2013.pdf
- 10 Ontario Ministry of Transportation (2019). Consultation: speed limits on Ontario highways. https://www.ontario.ca/page/consultation-speed-limits-ontario-highways (Accessed September 17, 2020).
- 11 Alberta Transportation (2020). Tables of Speeding Offences in Alberta 2014-2018.
- 12 Government of Nova Scotia RCMP (2020). Number of Charges-Select MVA Offences. https://data.novascotia.ca/Crime-and-Justice/Number-of-Charges-Select-MVA-Offences/neit-pbhj (Accessed September 10, 2020).
- 13 Traffic Injury Research Foundation (2020). National Fatality Database.
Hands-Free Technologies & Driving – Infographic
Distractions on the Road – Infographic
Seniors as Safe Early Adopters of Self-Driving Vehicle Technology – Infographic / Les aînés, adeptes précoces de la technologie des véhicules automatisés – Infographie
Getting a Safe Ride Home
Drunk Driving: It’s a Women’s Issue Too
How drivers say they will use self-driving vehicles / Comment les conducteurs se comporteraient au volant d’un véhicule automatisé
Young Vulnerable Road Users Infographic
Why Women Drive Drunk Infographic
Alcohol Interlocks – Myths & Facts
Steer Clear of Impairment
- The ABCs of BAC, NHTSA 2016.
GDL – What Evaluations Tell Us About Longer Learner Periods Handout
GDL-Night Driving Restriction at 9 or 10 pm Handout
GDL For All Novice Drivers Younger Than 21 Handout
- GHSA (2016) Mission Not Accomplished: Teen Safe Driving, the Next Chapter. Washington, DC: Governor’s Highway Safety Association.
GDL-Supervised Hours (More Than 50) and Log Book Requirements Handout