Your donation helps the Traffic Injury Research Foundation continue to develop and share the knowledge that saves – preventing injuries and loss of life on the roads, reducing related social, health and insurance costs, and safeguarding families and our workforce.
Online gifts can be made through credit card or PayPal. Donations can be a one-time donation or a monthly gift.
Donations from organizations support our work in promoting safe driving programs and practices. Working together we can reduce the number of deaths and injuries on our roads.
Through TIRF’s research, education programs, initiatives, and public awareness efforts with communities and employers, TIRF and your organization can help make sure everyone gets home safe at the end of every day.
We extend our sincere thanks to all donors supporting TIRF’s research and educational efforts across the country. Your generosity makes it possible for TIRF to increase awareness, knowledge, and understanding of the importance of road safety for all Canadians.
Visit our Donor-funded educational resources page to access projects made possible by donations with resources available for free download.
The overwhelming majority of deaths and injuries on our roads are preventable. Learn more about how TIRF works to improve road safety for all Canadians: TIRF’s Road Safety Agenda
Highlights of 2018 donor-funded activities include:
- Organizing five community forums on impaired driving with each one attracting more than 200 participants that were engaged in dialogue about road safety in their community.
- Delivering a national webinar on effective road safety campaigns in partnership with Alberta Health Services and Parachute Canada.
- Developing a series of educational fact sheets in partnership with Toronto Police Service to support their road safety enforcement calendar in 2018.
- Delivering six donor-sponsored DIAD presentations to five high schools, reaching more than 1,400 students in grades 9-12.
- Delivering the 2nd distracted driving pilot for offenders in November with Victoria Police Department and Restorative Justice Victoria and presented results to the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police.
- Sharing free educational resources from Change the Conversation, Brain on Board, Drop It And Drive® and its Drug-Impaired Driving Learning Centre to the Ontario Students Against Impaired Driving to include in their toolkits for their national conference.
- Participating in national consultations with Transport Canada on the issues of distracted driving and guidelines for automated vehicles.
Corporate donors include private companies, corporations, associations as well as government department and agencies.
For more information about how you can make a difference, contact TIRF at email@example.com or toll-free 1-877-238-5235.
To make a donation by cheque, please make it payable to:
Traffic Injury Research Foundation (TIRF)
171 Nepean Street, Suite 200
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K2P 0B4
TIRF is a registered Canadian charity. Registered Charity No. 10813 5641 RR0001